Membership Benefits: Education & Training
Education is one of the three pillars of SNAC International. SNAC International keeps its members abreast of the latest developments in a rapidly changing business environment by offering a wide array of educational opportunities. From seminars with high-profile industry speakers to interactive online training to sponsorship of research at leading universities, SNAC International helps its members stay ahead of industry trends and best practices to provide them with the opportunity to successfully grow.
- Emerging Leaders Program – an ideal program for emerging leaders in the snack industry, this event combines leadership training with team-building exercises, communication skills and real-world problem solving.
- Online Training Center – Free access for SNAC International members, webinars and videos allows members to quickly gain critical information on key issues such as food safety regulations, labeling reform, manufacturing best practices, nutrition policy and much more
- Quality & Innovation Management Course (QIM) – Designed to give attendees the tools to enhance the quality of their products, QIM discusses the latest technologies, innovations, instruments, and best practices to measure and improve snack food quality. The program will also cover the basic principles of how snacks are manufactured, from raw ingredients to finished products. SNAC International partners with the Center for Innovative Food Technology and Ohio State University to host this 3-day interactive course
- Snack Food Processing and Extrusion – SNAC International partners with Texas A&M to deliver this technical course for snack manufacturers of tortilla chips, corn snacks and extruded snacks
- SNAXPO – The world’s premier trade show for the snack industry brings together the leading suppliers and snack manufacturers from around the world and also features educational breakout sessions on food safety, legislative issues, commodities, the Latin American snack industry (presented in Spanish), State of the Industry, and more
- Technical Training Manuals and Video
- Experts-On-Call – SNAC International’s team of consultants specializing in food science & technology, food safety, quality control, legislative issues and regulatory guidance are on-call to assist SNAC International members
- Research Investments – Chipping Potato Research, Acrylamide Reduction Guidance, Sodium Research and more